TSM Windows+Exchange client upgrade from 5.5 to 6.X

Obs

Newcomer
Reaction score
Hello everyone,

my very first post here as I'm totally new to the TSM world and trying to build up some experience as best as I can, sorry if this has been already posted but searching around (here and IBM site) I could not get a clear answer to my question,

We have an Exchange 2007 server installed on Windows 2008 (not R2) which is being backed up with TSM Archive client 5.5 and DP for Exchange 5.5.0.01, we need to upgrade the client on this server toTSM Client 6.4 and TSM TDP 6.4, my question is simply how do I proceed with this?

I've read compatibility Matrix, red books and recommendations what I can't understand is if I can simply download the needed packges and install them or if I need to uninstall the older version first and then install the new client, in this case would the config files be kept?

I think it is pretty clear my main goal is to upgrade while keeping all schedule/config files in place but I'm not sure how to proceed to achieve my goal.

Again sorry if the question sounds dumb but I want to be totally sure about my cards before taking any step.

Thanks in advance for any suggestion,
a newbie admin :)

Back