TSM Web GUI Restore on an other client

Udo

ADSM.ORG Member
Reaction score
TSM 5.4.2

Hello,

is it possible to restore files from one node to another one?
Reason:

I have an client who steers one mills machine. If the client hardware is crashing, I want to start the reserve machine, which have another name, and to restore the datas from the defective client to this new one.
Do I have to rename the nodename of the reserve machine to the name of the old one? But then new backups are created on the name of the old machine.

Thanks!

Yes - only if the two node are the same os/file system, you can not restore windows files to a unix box, or unix to windows.

Production box name A, reserve machine name B, change reserve machine node name to A, and restore, it's that easy.

Thanks,

but the problem is, that the user of this client cannot rename the nodename, it is to complicated for a standard user. And it requires more rights for this user, which I am not willing to give them.

So I hope that there will never be a crash of the machine. So, if it occurs, I have to restore the files.

Thanks!

You don't need to change the computer name, just the "nodename" in the dsm.opt file. To spoof the "A" node while on the "B" node.

dms19, I think he does mean the node name, you have to have administrative rights to change node names, or log into another node via the GUI, if you just change the node name in the dsm.opt file, that is the easiest and simplest way of doing this.

Back