TSM Web gui error

kongfranon

ADSM.ORG Member
Reaction score
I was curious I have port 1581 open my client nodes and the network I am on, and I can launch the webgui and go to say:

http://dbserver1:1581

I can open the backup/restore window and I can launch backup/restores no problems.

But when I try to Launch the Preview Exclude-include or the View policy info i get the following error:

ANS2613S A communications protocol error occurred between web browser and the client

Is there another port I need to open? I am using 5.5.0.0 Client could that be it?

I was thinking of upgrading the clients but not sure if I use the 6.3 client if it will be backward compatible with 5.5 server until I am ready to roll out the 6.3 server.

Ok so...based on that I can technically upgrade the client to 6.2 and will still work with 5.5 and will work with 6.3 when I roll that out.

All of the windows clients are on 6.2 it just my linux that are on 5.5

I am trying to avoid upgrading them multiple times. Anything I am really missing by not going to 6.3 client? Or differences are so small not a big deal? I think deduplication won't work with 6.2 since that is a 6.3 feature right?

Update your TSM server from 5.5 to 5.5.6

The client is fine - the server is not :(

However, I suggest updating the client to 6.2.4

Thanks guys!

Actually the server is 5.5.6-100

I just updated that about 3 weeks ago.

The clients have not been upgraded since I have been here.

I am going to just wait when I roll out 6.3 server which will more then likely be next week and then update the clients at the same time, may as well do it all at once I think.

Last edited:
Back