TSM Web Client: bad IP

nicnictout

ADSM.ORG Member
Reaction score
[SOLVED]TSM Web Client: bad IP

Hello,

i'm training on TSM 6.1.2, i would like to start a backup of my client (server and client are the same computer, it's a training :p). So i connect to the Web GUI with http://ip:1581, no problem i'm connected, but when i started a backup job i've got the following error:

ANS2619S the client acceptor was unable to start the remote agent...

I take a look in the dsmwebcl.log and i see:

Code:
30.10.2009 15:34:49 (dsmcad) ANS3006I Processing request for the TSM Web Client (192.168.0.93).

Problem, this isn't the right IP used. I can't understand where it find this IP. The /etc/hosts is correct, DNS isn't configured, so i wonder where it defined that my node will have this IP in .93 instead of .182 !!

PS: just for information, there isn't a specific Client Acceptor package to install, is it? The CA is contained in the TSMClient.rpm i supposed.

Last edited:
I have this same message when i don't start the access to the datacenter. Look your access to proxy.......for example

hummmm i don't understand, when you said to start the access to the datacenter.

I'm trying to backuping the server himself, i used the server's HDD to store the files, so i haven't any proxy or datacenter.

What you call the datacenter, this is the AdminCenter ? How can i test my connection to?

TY

the access to datacenter is the reason for me but for you it's possible to have many reason.
what do oyu have in the error log ?

OK :p
there isn't many thing in the logs:

dsmerror.log:
Code:
30.10.2009 17:17:43 Error opening input file /opt/tivoli/tsm/client/ba/bin/FR_FR/dscjres.txt
30.10.2009 17:17:44 Error starting Remote Client Agent.
30.10.2009 17:17:44 return code is -1
I don't find the French RPM for TSM6

dsmwebcl.log:
Code:
30.10.2009 17:17:41 (dsmcad) ANS3006I Processing request for the TSM Web Client (192.168.0.93).

As you see, it's quiet difficult to understand what happend in the little TSM brain... i still wonder how it choose that my node will have this IP and not one in the hosts file.

For information, this is my dsm.sys file:

Code:
SErvername  TSM6
   COMMMethod         TCPip
   TCPPort            1500
   TCPServeraddress   192.168.0.182
PASSWORDACCESS GENERATE

That is not what I see - you posted that the Server's IP is 192.168.0.182. I am asking about the Node's IP address.

Edit: OK I see that the Client and Server are one and the same.

On the dsm.opt file: add the line:

TCPClientAddress 192.168.0.182

Is this a Windows machine? If it is, make sure that CAD and Acceptor services are defined

Last edited:
Great !!!!

THX a lot Moon, my OS is a linux so i have to change the commande line and put it in the dsm.sys file instead, but it works with your tips :D

I give you 10 points :up:

FYI on Linux:
tcpclienta 192.168.0.182

Back