TSM V7.1 BACLIENT CONFIGURATION ON AIX

waz

ADSM.ORG Member
Reaction score
Hello,

I m new in TSM.

Im preparing a tqm maquette but i have some problems. I installed TSM server V7.1.4 and opertaions centers on a windows server 2012 VM (Named: TSMSRV).
An I depolyed tsm ba client V7.1 (and pi) on an AIX server V7.1 (SRVAIX7). The default installation directory is: /usr/tivoli/tsm/client/ba/bin64
I created in this directory dsm.opt and dsm.sys files and I modified them as presented below :
upload_2016-6-2_10-41-53.png

and I add this section to etc/profile file :
upload_2016-6-2_10-44-5.png

I want to know if I should point by the DSM_Config to dsm.opt or dsm.sys. tried to point it to dsm.sys but i hva those error message :

upload_2016-6-2_10-53-5.png

When I point it on dsm. opt(DSM_CONFIG=/usr/tivoli/tsm/client/ba/bin64/dsm.opt) oand I try to open web client : http://srvaix_ip:1581 I have nothing ???

how to correct config is correct ,who to set aix environments variables and how to configure aix web client ???

Thanks in advance.

want to know if I should point by the DSM_Config to dsm.opt or dsm.sys. tried to point it to dsm.sys but i hva those error message :
You have to point DSM_CONFIG to the .opt file (doesn't need to be dsm, but it needs to be an opt file).

And in dsm.opt, you need to have a servername option that specifies the same as the server stanza you want to use in dsm.sys. In your case dsm.opt would look like:
Code:
servername TSMSRV
If you had more than one servername in dsm.sys, then you would specify the one you want to use by default.

Reactions: waz
And for the webclient to work, you will need to start the Client Acceptor Daemon.

dsmcad &

should do it.

Back