TSM Training

What OS would you prefer the labs use when attending the TSM 6.2 training classes?

• Windows 2008

Votes: 105 26.7%
  • AIX

Votes: 211 53.7%
  • Linux

Votes: 66 16.8%
  • No preference

Votes: 11 2.8%

• Total voters
I'd prefer Windows as that is what we run it on .. currently Server 2003 R2 x64, but the training should probably use Server 2008 R2 (x64) as 2003 is heading for EOL/EOS and 2008 has been around for at least 3 years now.

I would personally prefer to be running it on Linux, but that is out of my control. :-(

I agree with Harry_Redl.

The easiest OS to use in a course I think is Windows (for the most administrators).
I've delivered some TSM courses (Implementation and Administration and Advanced) and the material are really extensive. So the focus is always in the TSM and not in OS.

But I prefer Linux in the most cases because is the OS that I have more experience.
I know AIX is the best one for TSM, but for administrators who doesn't have experience on it, I think they will be in trouble when the course is delivered using this OS.

Windows because that is what I am using......I am not biased either way though, that is what I inherited when I took the job.

Back