TSM tape cartiage problem

asifpanjwani

ADSM.ORG Member
Reaction score
Team,

i am facing a strange problem from last 2 days the problem is that when i tried to process move data the process is stated and i have already free space cartilage on same storage pool but TSM says in console session insufficient space on destination but management console says 60% free space on tape cartage

You are moving within the same stgpool?

Note that prc of utlization is irrelevant if thape is in FULL status, so to move the data you need either a FILLING tape or the stgpool must be allowed to grab another scratch tapes.

sir tape already on filling status but TSM says that insufficient space let me explain with i have tape with h00044l3 i want to move data on this tape and on another h00050l3 i want to move h00044l3 data to h00050l3 with same storage pool and h00050l3 already on filling status 40% utilize after couple minutes TSM Says insufficient space on this storage pool and i already says you h00050l3 already have space show this is my query i hope you understand my problem

when you got 'insufficient space', was h00050l3 status changed to FULL? Are all tapes now with status FULL?

Do you use scratch tapes and is stgpool allowed to grab another one?

sir,

no sir h00050l3 have space and also on filling mode but when i giving process tsm failed to insufficient space my question is when i already have space in h00050l3 why i giving scratch tape

can it be that TSM compares amount of data to be moved to amount of free space on h00050l3?

In theory PCT_UTILIZED on FILLING tape might not be accurate. Some data on FILLING tape might be expired. And thus I would not rely on presumption that available space%=100%- PCT_UTILIZED

You can also check ACCESS of the h00050l3 to be sure it is readwrite.

I must say I ussually do not mess with such details. I would opt for new tape for stgpool...

Hey there.. Do you use collocation? If you already have data on that tape from a collocated node you cannot move data from a node on a different colloc group.

Back