TSM SQL Client v8.1x (ACO6213E The version of the installed SQL Server instance is not supported)

Lencounia

ADSM.ORG Member
Reaction score
Hi,

Can anyone please assist.

We have 2 instances in the SQL Node that we are backing up. I have upgraded SQL Client software, from 7.1.6 to 8.1.6. Initially on 7.1.6 I had database that were not backing up because the Client level was not supported. After the upgrade, the instance that had DBs that were not being backed up is now completing successfully. However the instance that had no issues is not connecting at all.

Error: RC: 1926
ACO6213E The version of the installed SQL Server instance is not supported.
At Get-DpSqlComponent -Private -Name * -CompatibilityInfo -ConfigFile "C:\...\tdpsql.cfg" -SqlServer "<sqlserver_name>\instance>" -SqlAuthentication SQLuserid -SqlUser <SQLUser_name> -SqlPassword ******
InvalidResult: (Capability.Impl....Sql.SqlContext:SqlContext) [Get-DpSqlComponent], Exception
1926,IBM.Tivoli.TSM.Cmdlets.SQL.GetDpSqlComponent

Regards

T
Hi,

Please post your sql and windows versions. There are dependencies betwen SP versions/OS/SQL that you need to consider.

The latest SP for MSSQL requirements:
https://www.ibm.com/support/pages/hardware-and-software-requirements-version-819-ibm-spectrum-protect™-snapshot-sql-server-819-data-protection-microsoft-sql-server

If you have older mssql, you need a lower SP version for it to work.'

Hi Tridend,

The error also happens with v8.1.2. Could it still be the MSSQL Version issue? The node is running MSSQL 2008, 2012, 2014 and 2016.

Does v.7.1.6 support 2008, 2012, 2014 & 2016? Because I had an issue with it on 2016 instance. the instance was complaining about Client Level.

Back