TSM Spoke server

mosiac

ADSM.ORG Member
Reaction score
I'm looking to add a spoke server to my operations center and I see that all alerts and status get sent back through the hub server.

I can't seem to find any information on if my spoke servers can be different operating systems from the hub. I would think it wouldn't matter but I thought I would ask.

Thanks,

I would think it wouldn't matter but I thought I would ask.
You are right, OS doesn't matter. However keep in mind that the hub needs to be at the same or later version than the spokes.

You are right, OS doesn't matter. However keep in mind that the hub needs to be at the same or later version than the spokes.
Yeah I noticed this this morning when I tried to add our old server and since password requirements were different between versions it wouldn't let me use my account to add it.

Thanks

I can't seem to find any information on if my spoke servers can be different operating systems from the hub.
Not a problem at all. I run different OS config myself - OC and hub server on RHEL, TSM spoke servers on W2012. So the OC gets to be a guinea pig as well for upgrades.

Back