TSM show Sever backup status failed 127 but in node log backup is completed RC=0

ltcctl

Active Newcomer
Reaction score
I have a node in TSM server that running schedule script backup everyday.
Recently, its backup status in TSM become failed 127.
But when I go into the server and check dsmsched.log file, everyday it says that the backup script is working normally. Backup is completed and return code =0.
I have tried to run the script backup manually, it works normally too.
I wonder why it is. Everything seems to be normal but why the TSM server return backup status is failed 127.
o_Oo_O

This windows or *nix?
As you are calling a script and not tsm directly, there's a very good chance the return code of 127 is being generated by your script process. Windows 127 is error_proc_not_found. For *nix I think 127 is process not found in your path. Been a while, going from memory.
dsmsched.log would only say that its executing <script>. Do you have any logging functions inside your script to write out what its doing? That would be the first place I'd look.

I could be way off base here.
Good luck.

Like RecoveryOne said, Spectrum Protect reports the return code of the script. The return code of the script is the return code of the last command of the script. So if you have a script that does something like this:
command 1
command 2
command 3

If command 1 and 2 fail, but command 3 is successful, the script exists as successful. You would need error checking in your script so the script exits as failed if an earlier command in the script failed.

Back