TSM server onsite recovery with single Tape library

khurram

ADSM.ORG Member
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
Hello Guys

I do have a TSM for SAN environment where i do have around eight AIX Lpars , each of which are running TSM for SAN with two drives each for backup and recovery purpose from a 3584 library.

TSM server itself is running on a dedicated AIX server and has been allocated with 5 LTO-5 tape drives.

Now i want to build an onsite cold TSM server , but do not have another tape library for that purpose.

What options i do have here for this purpose.. i understand that i can define a devclass of File on TSM server and then take TSM server database backup on a local disk. This will create a couple of DB backup files on disk which can be transferred using FTP or SCP to cold TSM server for reovery purpose along with plan file.

However my question is that after restoring TSM database backup on cold TSM server , if i shutdown my primary TSM server and bring up my cold TSM server with same IP address/host name , would i able to configure my existing production library to this cold server? What could be additional steps for this purpose beside zoning of this tape library to cold server FC HBA's ?

Would the remaining steps be like as follows ( assuming library drives zoning with cold server is done )
1. Run cfgmgr on cold server and discover changers / drives on cold server

2. Define paths to library and drives on cold server

3. Run an audit on newly created library on cold server

4. Do we need a checkin command so that all tape drives inside library can be known to cold TSM server ( which is now hot )

After testing is done , what would be steps to revert back to production TSM server ?

Thanks in advance for help

Back