• Please help support our sponsors by considering their products and services.
    Our sponsors enable us to serve you with this high-speed Internet connection and fast webservers you are currently using at ADSM.ORG.
    They support this free flow of information and knowledge exchange service at no cost to you.

Please welcome our latest sponsor Tectrade . We can show our appreciation by learning more about Tectrade Solutions
  • Community Tip: Please Give Thanks to Those Sharing Their Knowledge.

If you receive helpful answer on this forum, please show thanks to the poster by clicking "LIKE" link for the answer that you found helpful.

• Community Tip: Forum Rules (PLEASE CLICK HERE TO READ BEFORE POSTING)

Click the link above to access ADSM.ORG Acceptable Use Policy and forum rules which should be observed when using this website. Violators may be banned from this website. This notice will disappear after you have made at least 3 posts.

TSM Server on z/OS

Reaction score
Hello All,
I wondering if some one can help me regarding TSM server running on z/OS. I have installed it and now I want to define our 3485-L22 tape library to server, which has 4 3592 drives. We want to dedicate 2 drives for TSM.
As described in TSM Admin. Guide/Ref, to define Tape library we have DEFINE LIBRARY and DEFINE PATH statements.
But under z/OS it appears that TSM relies heavly on DFSMS, and thus we only have to DEFINE DEVCLASS with UNIT=xxxx, where xxxx is the 3592 esoteric.
The way I understand is that I will have definitions like:
Assumimg my library details on z/OS are - Libraryname=TP1, libraryid=A0731. UNIT for 3592 is CARTG (defined esoteric)
I will have:
DEFINE LIBRARY TP1 LIBTYPE=EXTERNAL
DEFINE DEVCLASS <3595tape> LIBRARY=TP1 DEVT=3592 FORMAT=(3592,3592C) ESTCAP=300G PREFIX=TSMTAPE MOUNTR=1 MOUNTW=120
Is this correct. Do I need to have any more definitions.
I will appriciate if any one can guide me to this.
Regards,
Amjad
([email protected])

David_FA

ADSM.ORG Member
Reaction score
We also have z/OS in TSM.
Yes you are right.

TSM relies heavly on DFSMS.
We don

David_FA

ADSM.ORG Member
Reaction score
We also have z/OS in TSM.
Yes you are right.

TSM relies heavly on DFSMS.
We dont define the library to the TSM server.
we only define "DEVCLASS" with UNIT=esoteric. And redirect the DSNAME of the DEVCLASS to your library.

molerio

ADSM.ORG Member
Reaction score
Website
http
TSM on z/OS

Hi Guys,

Maybe you can help me.

Are you running TSM within unix systems services using z/FS or HFS? If not how is it installed? I'm trying to learn how TSM is installed on the mainframe (zseries)

thanks,

Bob M.

David_FA

ADSM.ORG Member
Reaction score
As TSM is an IBM product we have it instaled with the servicePac of the z/OS.

See if you have: TIVSM.**

Advertise at ADSM.ORG

If you are reading this, so are your potential customer. Advertise at ADSM.ORG right now.

UpCloud high performance VPS at $5/month

Get started with $25 in credits on Cloud Servers. You must use link below to receive the credit. Use the promo to get upto 5 month of FREE Linux VPS.

The Spectrum Protect TLA (Three-Letter Acronym): ISP or something else?

• Every product needs a TLA, Let's call it ISP (IBM Spectrum Protect).

Votes: 18 18.2%
  • Keep using TSM for Spectrum Protect.

Votes: 61 61.6%
  • Let's be formal and just say Spectrum Protect

Votes: 12 12.1%
  • Other (please comement)

Votes: 8 8.1%

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NasriSaleh