1. Forum Rules (PLEASE CLICK HERE TO READ BEFORE POSTING) Click the link to access ADSM.ORG Acceptable Use Policy and forum rules which should be observed when using this website. Violators may be banned from this website. This message will disappear after you have made at least 12 posts. Thank you for your cooperation.

TSM Server Database Schema ?

Discussion in 'Scripting' started by aptare, Aug 8, 2004.

1. aptare

aptare New Member

Does anyone in the group know where the TSM Server database schema is documented. I understand that I can query the system catalog tables but this does not show or describe the table relationships etc. I'm looking for some type of Entity Relationship Diagram (ERD) for the TSM Server database.

Thx

3. rlslavik

rlslavik New Member

you can query tables named tables and columns to get the information you need.

4. mricha08

mricha08 New Member

I believe you can find a info about the DB schema in the following tables. It talks about SQL and the DB in chapter 19 of the Admin guide.

SYSCAT.TABLES

Contains information about all tables that can be queried with the SELECT

command.

SYSCAT.COLUMNS

Describes the columns in each table.

SYSCAT.ENUMTYPES

Defines the valid values for each enumerated type and the order of the

values for each type.

5. kfavry

kfavry New Member

With a "select tabname from syscat.tables where tabschema='TSMDB1' and type 'V'" you can get the names of tables.

With a "select colname from syscat.columns where tabschema='TSMDB1' and tabname='XXX'" you can get the names of the columns of the table XXX.

Anybody have already done a schema to have a graphical representation of the structure of TSM database ?

6. kfavry

kfavry New Member

I join an excel document with TSM 6.3.3 dbstruct table.

Attached Files: