TSM Server 7.1 Windows Update - Server 2008 R2

PaulFromer

Newcomer
Reaction score
Hello All,

I have to do Windows updates on three TSM 7.1 Servers running on Server 2008 R2. I know, I inherited this.

I'm not sure a reboot is required but I am planning on reboots. I seem to remember something about stopping the TSM database prior to updating and rebooting? Anything else I may want to be looking out for?

This will occur when BU are not running.
Any help is greatly appreciated. - Paul F

To be on the safe side, first perform a database backup, then halt the Spectrum Protect server. Then do your updates and reboots. The server should come back up automatically after the reboot as long as the service is set to start automatically.

If you will do multiple reboots, I'd set the TSM Server1 service to start manually so that Spectrum Protect doesn't start after every reboot. After the last reboot, change it back to automatic and start the service.

Thanks marclant. I was wondering also, we BU the database to disk. What would I have to do to restore if TSM was down. Build a new TSM server and import the DB? We are using TSM to backup the DB but if TSM is down how to import the save DB ? I'm looking for info on here on this. Thanks !

Back