TSM Server 6.1 Disaster Recovery help

itdrew

ADSM.ORG Senior Member
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
We have recently set up TSM v6.1 running on Linux RHEL 5.3. We are using it in production as a Library manager for TSM v5.2 running on AIX. There are two TSM v6.1 server instances on the Linux, one is the library manager and another is a standard TSM server. We are backing up only a handful of nodes to the standard TSM server.

We scheduled DR test at SunGard in Philadelphia this weekend and had some real trouble recovering the TSM server v6.1. Most of our problems seemed to stem from trying to recreate the environment.

The new version of TSM sure seems a lot different when it comes to recovering at DR. The main differences are related to the database.

Here are some of the ANR messages encountered:
ANR0151W Failure starting database manager
ANR2971E Database restore terminated – DB2 sqlcode -2071 error.

Does anyone have any links to documentation that may assist in figuring out how to recover TSM v6.1 in DR? Linux/AIX would be a plus.

Need better detailed docs for TSM v6.1 server recovery

Thank you for the reply. I am looking for more detailed documentation on recovering TSM v6.1 on AIX or Linux.

The link above I’ve been over time and again. I’ve also done many DR exercises using TSM from version 4.2 days up until now. I haven’t found any documentation for TSM v6.1 that covers things like the servers instances, the user ID information for the instances, what to do with the DB2 database when you start to see errors during the recovery, etc. The docs I’ve seen so far do not cover many things that are new to TSM v6.1

I ran into DB issues during this recovery that I had never seen before recovering prior versions of TSM.

I guess this is one of the cons of being an early adopter.

Has anyone else had a successful DR test with TSM server v6.1 on AIX or Linux?

Back