TSM replicating from CONTAINER to FILE - is it supported?

mirrorsaw

ADSM.ORG Member
Reaction score
Hi all,
We've recently started using node replication across our TSM servers and the ones running traditional FILE devclass pools are working great (replicating to FILE at the other end), however our newer servers which use containers are struggling to replicate over to FILE. It's taking several hours to replicate 1GB of data. My guess is that a heavy conversion is taking place, but is this a supported method and is there anything I can do?

My guess is that a heavy conversion is taking place, but is this a supported method and is there anything I can do?
The conversion you are talking about in your initial post is that the data is deduplicated in the container pool, but it suspect it gets rehydrated when you send it over to a non-container pool at the target.

Umm did you delete the comments where you gave me incorrect information? Isn't that abusing your moderator powers?
I deleted the incorrect information so that someone doesn't use that information as being correct without reading the whole thread to find out it was wrong.

I was not trying to hide the fact that I was wrong, I don't want people using wrong information and then make wrong decisions based on it.

Back