TSM Questions

mricca

ADSM.ORG Member
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
PREDATAR Control23

Does anyone know if there is a support out there that will just answer a question I have? I know I can log a call with IBM, but what if I am not having any problems, just want to ask questions? Advise...etc. Will IBM take these calls as well. I also am aware of the manuals that are available...but sometimes they dont answer the questions I have.

Any help greatly appreciated.

PREDATAR Control23

Hi,

Usually, The IBM support line only answers short questions and solve problems, but If you need advice, for example how to implement a 3494 over a SAN, design, I think you would have to ask to your presales representative or contract a service.

I hope it helps you

PREDATAR Control23

If you know TSM with training wouldnt you know questions ? I may be confused here.

PREDATAR Control23

If you know TSM with training wouldnt you know questions ? I may be confused here.

Going to training, 8-hour/day 5-day/training, is not sufficient. You need to work with TSM on a daily basis (real world experience) to answers questions on an interview, etc.

PREDATAR Control23

i am completed tsm training can anyone help me with interview questions

plese send me mail

Last edited by a moderator:
PREDATAR Control23

Use the search box, type in "interview" this should allow you to find various questions that have been posted previously in the forums. However, real world experience with TSM really helps when it comes to an interview.

PREDATAR Control23

TSM Server console

Hi guys

How to access the TSM server command prompt console in my box, which is installed in another box?

Advance Thanks

PREDATAR Control23

install dsmadmc. Part of the tsm client.
Select custom install when on Windows

PREDATAR Control23

Server console

hi jeroen

Thanks

1. will i have full access to control in server after installing the dsmadmc?

2. this should only avail in client of tsm or we can install in the box where i dont have the client?

3. can u send me this exe file of dsmadmc?

PREDATAR Control23

hi jeroen

Thanks

1. will i have full access to control in server after installing the dsmadmc?

2. this should only avail in client of tsm or we can install in the box where i dont have the client?

3. can u send me this exe file of dsmadmc?

1. Yes
2. Download the client from IBM ftp Server and install
3. No, you need some more files (f.e. *.dll's etc.) for exceuting dsmadmc

PREDATAR Control23

Has anyone gotten dsmcad to run under Windows 7 64 bit? I can't seem to, it just opens up then exits right away. I didn't see any other Windows 64 bit clients out there either, only 6.2.1?

PREDATAR Control23

dsmcad? You shouldn't be running dsmcad yourself, it normally runs as a service.

Maybe you should be running dsmadmc instead?

PREDATAR Control23

how to find which tape is related to which pool ? please send me command

PREDATAR Control23

sspatil, please start a new thread when you have a new question rather than adding to an existing thread.

The answer to your question is "q vol". See "help query" for a list of all query commands you can run in future.