1. Forum Rules (PLEASE CLICK HERE TO READ BEFORE POSTING) Click the link to access ADSM.ORG Acceptable Use Policy and forum rules which should be observed when using this website. Violators may be banned from this website. This message will disappear after you have made at least 12 posts. Thank you for your cooperation.

TSM Ops Reporting fails on TSM 6

Discussion in 'TSM Reporting & Monitoring' started by zatogo, Apr 20, 2010.

1. zatogo

zatogo New Member

I've tried setting up the "old" TSM 5 reporting tool to collect information from a TSM 6.1.3.3 Server running on AIX. I followed the instructions on line.

I've done this on three different TSM Servers with the same odd result each time.

The issue...the first time I run the report it brings back the info just fine. The second time on I try and run it I get the green bar going back and forth and nothing ever comes back. Looking in the TSM Server activity log, I see the queries run the first time...but from the second run on, it puts no entries in to the TSM server.

This is happening at three different locations on three different AIX TSM Servers.

Any thoughts?

3. Mita201

Mita201 Senior Member

System Engineer
    I think I've seen that operational reporting 5.5.0 or 5.5.1 is broken. Can it be your case?

4. zatogo

zatogo New Member

I'm following the steps from IBM...using 5.5.3 reporting so I think that is OK.

5. LED888

LED888 Moderator

The TSM Operational Report is for TSM Server 5.X .
    With TSM Server 6.1 suppose to be using the TSM Common Reporter.

Checkout this link, managed to get the TSM Operational Reporter to work with TSM 6.1 .
    Don't think that the information is support.
    If it works, great!
    If not then may need to use the Common Reporter :(
    http://www.ibm.com/developerworks/forums/thread.jspa?threadID=264158&sta

Good Luck,
    Sias