TSM operations Center actlog spam

sfletche

Active Newcomer
Reaction score
Hi All,

So far the operations center has been pretty good - especially for allowing non tsm admin to re-run backup jobs and get single pane of glass into backup success/failure.

I have to ask though - Has anyone else noticed it creates a ton of activity in the activity log and most of it seems pretty useless?

I see tons of the following messages, every time i go through the activity log looking for actual useful info!

ANR1699I, ANR0480I, ANR0405I, , ANR1694I, ANR1687I, ANR1688I, ANR1959I, ANR1960I, ANR0409I

Just wondering if anyone has any idea if its possible to turn off all the noise this thing creates. Other then that i think its great... Thanks in advance for any tips!

"disable events" might be useful.
Disable events works to client messages (ANE...) from the activity log, but not server messages (ANR...). More info in HELP DISABLE EVENTS

so no magic option for "disable OC logging" then ? I guess ill have to try the disable events to see if it helps any..

Well, the server does not differentiate commands sent by the OC versus an admin. All the OC does is sent admin command to the server.

You cannot disable server messages (ANR) from the activity log.

I guess i can filter out some of it from the console and nteventlog which should provide some relief.

it would be nice if something could be done, it makes the actlog infinitely more difficult to search through.

Back