TSM Node Replication

bobjrinaz

Newcomer
Reaction score
I have node with bckupreplr=all_data. Will my replication only replicate primary pool data and not copy storage pools? Help and IBM site pretty vague on this. My assumption is only primary as it is replicating based on primary pool files. But wanted to see if anyone could validate this for me before I pull the trigger.

For the scope of this conversation, replication has no concept of a "storage pool". All_data means that all backup, archive, or space-managed objects are replicated.

I think you're asking this question because you're afraid that a single backup object (for example) that is stored in primary storage and copy storage is going to get stored twice on the target server, but that's not how it works. An object is an object, whether it has a copy or not. Replication will only read the object once on the source (it may read it from primary, or maybe copy if the primary version is damaged), and then store the object once on the target.

In other words, pull the trigger :)

That is exactly what I was looking for rgg. Thank you very much. Keyword being object. Makes perfect sense.

Back