tsm licences instalation

f4ts0

ADSM.ORG Member
Reaction score
Website
www.pexim.net
Hi,

I have just finished upgrading customer's environment form 5.5 to 6.2, and it went just fine.

While upgrading, one step in prcedure was to deinstall 5.5 server components...server, drivers, licences.

6.2 instalation is downloaded from IBM's FTP, and it does not have licences module for instalation.

So questions are :

- can i install licences module from their 5.5 CD's?
- can i install licences module from other customer's disks (i have 6.1 installation for other customer), and then just register lic files from 5.5 discs?
- do i have to ask ibm for install discs for this specific customer (they dont have passport advantage, tsm is bought through hw channel)/

Customer has all *.lic files stored in one folder, licences are valid, we just dont have time to wait for IBM to deliver cd's

tnx in advance

Well, that's exactly what is the difference between publicly available patches that you can download from IBM FTP, and GA installations that you have to download from IBM PassportAdvantage.
You need valid license or maintenance to access those downloads.
You should try with "register license" with those you have, nothing bad will happens if your licenses are no good - they will not be registered.

When you upgrade the TSM Server from one release to another, can not use the license files from the previous version.

What is known as the base code can only be downloaded from PassPort Advantage.
To have the code added to the PassPort Advantage Account or order the code on a CD would need to contact you local IBM Marketing Rep.

The TSM Server and TDP code that are on the public ftp site are only mainteance code and does not contain any license files.

As for the TSM B/A Client, there is no license per say, and you can upgade from one release to another release.

The license files for TSM Server 5.5 will ony work on 5.5.

Like Mita201 say, just register the 5.5 license on the TSM Srver 6.2 and see what happens.
Worse case is that it does not work.

Good Luck,
Sias

well,
as far as i know, when you buy TSM, you have valid licences for ANY version as far as support is still active.
I just tried in lab, deinstalled TSM 5.5 upgraded to 6.2 and "q lic" seems to be ok. When client DL's files from PA, i will just update licences.

Tnx everyone.

Back