TSM licence question

JohnSS

Newcomer
Reaction score
I have a TSM Extended Edition Processor Licence (D51MFLL) purchased in October 2006.

Does this still entitle me to run TSM Extended edition on one server? Or does this entitlement only apply to one (what is now called) PVU?
(I do understand PVUs - sockets, cores, processors etc.)

I get the impression that when purchased the licence applied to one server, but the rules have since been changed. Was there an upgrade path?

Unfortunately I don't have a copy of the original licence T's & C's to hand.

Any help will be much appreciated.

In the current model, the EE license entitles you to use the DRM feature on top of the basic features plus TDP. If you continue to pay software maintenance with IBM, you are entitled for upgrades to the the newer versions. Otherwise, you can only use the EE license on what version it was paid for. Do you know which version this license was bought for? Do you have a software maintenance agreement with IBM?

If this was bought for 5.1 (I believe, if memory serves me right, PVU pricing was applied for 5.2 and up but DO CHECK THIS) and below, then your environment does not follow the PVU licensing model. Licenses are bought by node, TSM Base, TSM EE, etc.

Last edited:
Back