TSM - how to include folder

DamjanK

Newcomer
Reaction score
Hi guys,

i have a problem with back up entire network folder.

For example. Path is X:\3500

So i want to include entire 3500 folder. How can i do that in dsm.opt file.

please help. :)

By default with TSM, everything is included, but this only applies to local drives. That's because by default, it is set to: "DOMAIN all-local".

If you want to backup a network share, you need to add it to the domain statement. So if X:\ is mounted to \\server\share, you would need to have:
Code:
DOMAIN all-local
DOMAIN \\server\share

If you just add the above, it will backup all of \\server\share (not as X:). So if you only want to backup X:\3500, your include/exclude would look like:
Code:
exclude \\server\share\...\*
include \\server\share\3500\...\*

NOTE the entire directory structure in \\server\share will be backed up, but only files in \\server\share\3500. Ideally, if you are only interested in 3500, I'd get the sys admin on that box to share the 3500 directory and then instead use:
Code:
DOMAIN all-local
DOMAIN \\server\3500
The above will not backup the entire directory structure of the rest of \\server\share, just 3500.

Ok, first thank you for fast reply.

I have antoher question. We only have permisions for client and dsm.opt configuration.

So i must tell my Administrators where is this domain statement file. Can u just write the name of file...and where to find domain statement.

thanks

Sorry for late reply.

But i have issues, during all time and i will want it to fix it :)

this is my dsmerror report...

Additional Info:

CRITICAL - 23

09/02/2015 05:00:00 ANS1038S Invalid option specified

09/02/2015 05:00:00 ANS1036S The option DOMAIN or the value supplied for it is not valid. It was found in options file dsm.opt

DSM.OPT file

DOMAIN all-local
DOMAIN \\Optixe2\Applied Biosystems
EXCLUDE.DIR "C:\Windows"
EXCLUDE.DIR "C:\Users\SYS_TSMBI1"
EXCLUDE.DIR "C:\ProgramData\Microsoft"
EXCLUDE.DIR "C:\System Volume Information"
EXCLUDE.DIR "C:\Program Files\Common Files"
EXCLUDE.DIR "C:\Users"
EXCLUDE.DIR "C:\ProgramData\svctimeawc"

so i want to back up all in share Applied Biosystems

Try
DOMAIN "\\Optixe2\Applied Biosystems"
Trident is right. Anytime you have to put a path or filename that has a path in it, you need to enclose it in double-quotes, it's not unique to TSM, but the norm for most programs and most operating systems.

Back