• Please help support our sponsors by considering their products and services.
    Our sponsors enable us to serve you with this high-speed Internet connection and fast webservers you are currently using at ADSM.ORG.
    They support this free flow of information and knowledge exchange service at no cost to you.

Please welcome our latest sponsor Tectrade . We can show our appreciation by learning more about Tectrade Solutions
  • Community Tip: Please Give Thanks to Those Sharing Their Knowledge.

If you receive helpful answer on this forum, please show thanks to the poster by clicking "LIKE" link for the answer that you found helpful.

• Community Tip: Forum Rules (PLEASE CLICK HERE TO READ BEFORE POSTING)

Click the link above to access ADSM.ORG Acceptable Use Policy and forum rules which should be observed when using this website. Violators may be banned from this website. This notice will disappear after you have made at least 3 posts.

TSM for Sharepoint configuration - Device Name?

spiffy

ADSM.ORG Member
We just put in TSM for sharepoint, (6.1.3) and there is a setup screen under physical device, and there are 2 fields i have no clue what to put into them

Device name - ? no idea
Comm method - tcpip
TCP Port - 1500
TCP SErver Address - TSM server IP
Node Name - node name of the docave server
MGMT Class - ? does this not get autopopulated?
Password - TSM password

and i cannot find the proper documentation for this to figure it out.
can anyone lend a hand?

thanks

cjhood

ADSM.ORG Moderator
Hi Spiffy,

I have my physical device set as:

Device Name - TSM
MGMT Class - Data (as per the policy that I set up for Sharepoint. Don't believe it is autopopulated)

You appear to be able to call it anything you like, I suppose something that makes sense. It doesn't appear to link back to TSM, it's more of a logical label for the backup "device"

Advertise at ADSM.ORG

If you are reading this, so are your potential customer. Advertise at ADSM.ORG right now.

UpCloud high performance VPS at $5/month

Get started with $25 in credits on Cloud Servers. You must use link below to receive the credit. Use the promo to get upto 5 month of FREE Linux VPS.

The Spectrum Protect TLA (Three-Letter Acronym): ISP or something else?

• Every product needs a TLA, Let's call it ISP (IBM Spectrum Protect).

Votes: 10 14.5%
  • Keep using TSM for Spectrum Protect.

Votes: 44 63.8%
  • Let's be formal and just say Spectrum Protect

Votes: 9 13.0%
  • Other (please comement)

Votes: 6 8.7%

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
surfacematter