TSM for Sharepoint and how to move the DOCAVE Manager to a new Server

rallingham

ADSM.ORG Senior Member
Reaction score
Website
http
Coming up shortly I have a customer that will be moving their DOCAVE Server to a new physical box. I have not been able to track down any documentation on how to do this. Does anyone have anything to offer on this?
All backup data goes to TSM but there must be some sort of DB in DocAve (TSM for SharePoint).

I am using the built in tools to back itself up then I use the normal TSM agent to backup the internal backup. I have tested this and actually done the same thing as your customer by migrating to a VM from physical box without issue.

Recovery DocAve using System Recovery
DocAve System Recovery”enables the user to setup a manual or scheduled backup job for the DocAve system and then restore the DocAve system when needed. The saved DocAve System Recovery backup job can also be used on a separate new installation of the DocAve Server, enabling a quicker setup. The System Recovery backup job can be saved to a local drive or a net¬work drive. There are two parts in the system recovery feature: System Backup and System Restore.
A. Navigate to DocAve v5 -> Control Panel -> DocAve System -> System Recovery -> System Restore.
B. Select the backup job you want to restore by clicking the corresponding radio box, and then click Restore to start DocAve System Recovery process.
C. When the restore job completes, you will log out and need to restart DocAve in order to see the recovered system.

Many thanks. Obviously I did not see that part. Once I have them on the new machine and everything is restored, I will be doing the upgrade procedure for V6.1.3.
Thanks again.

Back