TSM Fastback Unable to add repository grayed out

TSMNewbie2

Newcomer
Reaction score
First attempt at installing TSM Fastback 6.1.3, on a 64-bit Window 2008 R2 machine.
Ran the setup, all completed.

Trying to add a repository, but when I right mouse click the "Repository Pool", the only option available is "Claim Repository".
The other other 2 options are grayed out (Add Repository and Add Repository Wizard). :(

Last year we tried to setup a lab and the previous version was un-installed before installing this newer version. Which is probably not the latest, but this version actually works with Win2008 R2, allegedly.

Thanks for your help.

Delete the volume from the OS and re-add it, you should then be able to add it as a repository in Fastback.

Delete the volume from the OS and re-add it, you should then be able to add it as a repository in Fastback.

Thank you. I unfortunately have since deleted that lab server. Now I have a bit of time to test this software again.

I have a new tast to test TSM FASTBACK 6.1.10 and test Exchange Mailbox and Individual item recovery. Since we cannot use FCM (FLash copy manager, due to it running only on IBM disk Arrays (all 3rd party disk array's have to use some kind of 3rd party kit).

I've search youtube and IBM's web pages, for an installation video on FASTBACK, but no luck. IBM recommended knowledge transfer at a very high price. I'm trying to see if I can get installed without their hand holding. I was told it's not an easy product to work with.

So if you have any links on installation, other than the Admin user guide. Please let me know.
Thanks in advance.

Back