Tsm db dr using new hw and virtual volumes --- anr4373e

evilution

ADSM.ORG Member
Reaction score
I am attempting to recover a remote office TSM server at my home office. The recovery will use virtual volumes that are onsite at the home office. I am using new hardware to recover the server.

I've done all the normal steps.... installed fresh copy of TSM server, moved the volhist dsmserv devcnfg over to the new server, edited the devcnfg, and used dsmserv format command to recreate the log and db volumes.

Now I'm at the point where I run RESTORE DB TODATE=xx/xx/xxxx .... the command launches and reads the volhist file but then stops with an authentication error ANR4373E Session Rejected by target server.

I'd be happy to update the server to server communication password but considering I'm working with basically an empty server how does one do this? I have tried using SET SERVERNAME and SET SERVERPASSWORD variables in the DEVCNFG.OUT file but I get the same error.

Any ideas?

Hi,

not tested exactly this scenario but what I usually do during DR is to initialize new (empty) TSM server (so I can create db/rlog volumes using "normal" TSM way ...), define all the devices (and other servers - so I can test the communication) then running "backup devconfig" (to generate fresh, working devconfig.out), editing it (if needed) and then running restore DB.
Should work - let us know.

Harry

Back