TSM Database restore on a new server with different tsm instance name, log & database directories

anandgmenon

ADSM.ORG Member
Reaction score
Hi Team ,

We need to restore a TSM Server database onto another server .

The new TSM server wheter DB restore has to be done has different names for database directories , activelog & archive log directories .

Also the tsm instance user is different on the new server.

device class is the same across both the servers .

Please can anyone advise the procedure to do the TSM DB restore ??

Appreciate your quick help in this regard

Thanks
Anand

Thanks Marclant.

So you mean to say i can do the tsm db restore with different tsm instance name on the target server.

But i will need to modify the db2 permissions before i start up the tsm server ??

You did not mention a different instance name in your original post, just a different instance ID. You have to use the same instance ID to do the restore. If you want to use a different ID to start the server, you will need to grant that new instance ID access before you can start the server with the new instance ID.

About the instance name, not sure if it must be the same or not.

Hi Marclant ,

The source server has tsm instance xxx and the destination server has tsm instance yyy

On the destination server, can i run the db restore after logging in as yyy tsm instance user ??

During the TSM DB restore , hope the tsm instance on destination server will be overwritten as yyy ??

Sorry if i have confused you .

No, I follow. On unix, the instance user is usually the instance name. On Windows it's different, instance is usually Server# and the instance ID whatever.

I know on Windows the instance ID has to be the same for the restore, on Unix, I'm not sure. Sorry.

Back