TSM Database replication to DR site

N

nskingle

Could some one please point me in the right direction. I would like to keep the TSM database on the DR server kept constantly up to date. Are there any good documents or websites available

Thanks in advance
Nick

Chapter 24 of "IBM Tivoli Storage Manager for Windows: Administrator's Guide" has a good discussion on this.

The same approach is used for *NIX systems.

Moon-Buddy - Thanks for the information. Looks like a good read.

Nick

I was looking at this Chapter and didn't see it. Can someone provide a link or tell me the page number?

Thanks.

I have now looked through this chapter and it gives good detail on DRM but does not talk about keeping an offsite TSM server up to date with the TSM database. I have heard that it is possible to do this, but can not find any documentation on how to set it up.

Any ideas?

Nick

maybe export node will help ? with this command you can export node information and node backp\archive data to other server thru LAN\WAN (TCPIP).
You can schedule this command and make offsite TSM syncronized with onsite. What about this case ?

The only way to really do this and have the DR site always up to date is to either use TSM mirroring to LUNs that are on the DR server (this requires your SAN to span to the DR site), or do something similar but using the array's native remote replication features.

The other ways I can think of are frequent DB backups that are transferred to the DR server...

TSM Server-to-Server Virtual Volumes:
The basic concept is that you have two TSM servers where one is used to backup the other. The TSM database on the Primary TSM server can be backed up to the remote TSM server as an archived object.
This requires an optional add-on module to TSM called Disaster Recovery Manager which is a separate license. Obviously this is NOT replication, but is an interesting solution that I'm looking into. You can also backup storage pools to the remote TSM server using Server-to-Server Virtual Volumes.

Back