TSM configuration with a shared library - need help

mathiasbx

ADSM.ORG Member
Reaction score
I don´t understand the configuration for ndmp backup in an environment with a libraryserver.

Is there anywhere a documentation to configure ndmp backup in an libraryserver environment with a shared library?

Unfortunately I´ve nothing found.

Is it correct that I need to define only the paths on the libraryserver and all the other stuff (node, datamover, pools, policy etc) on the TSM Backup Server? (Client)

Last edited:
If the library server is also the TSM server, just define the datamover and register the NAS node (type=nas). The TSM will know where to get the data from the datamover parameters you entered.

If the library server is another TSM server, establish a server-to-server communications with the main TSM server, and setup the datamover and NAS node as per above.

Thanks for your help. I have two servers. The Libraryserver and the server client. Both are connected about server-to-server-connection. I set up on the Libraryserver only the paths in addition to the normal paths and everything else on the backup client?

Last edited:
Thanks for your help. I have two servers. The Libraryserver and the server client. Both are connected about server-to-server-connection. I set up on the Libraryserver only the paths in addition to the normal paths and everything else on the backup client?

The TSM server for all the clients is where you setup the datamover and define the NAS node. The NAS device, by default, should adhere to the NDMP backup structure using standard settings.

The TSM server for the clients will pass on the data to the TSM library Manager.

Back