TSM commands help

PREDATAR Control23

why the backup is failed with maximum number of mountpoint when running the backup in inc -absolute? backup is completed when on scheduled run but failed with maxnump when running inc -absolute?

can you clear for me the ff?

1. is there a limit in max nump? can i edit it to any number?
update node <nodename> maxnummp=<value>

2. if i edit this, is there any other backup that will affected by this?

PREDATAR Control23

see my answers in your other post. No need to talk about this in 2 places.

PREDATAR Control23

Hi,

Could you please explain what exactly you mean with "rerun" a backup ? How do you initiate this ?

You have to understand that "q event" command will only return information about scheduled backups (means there must be a schedule defined in TSM server, and this schedule has to be associated with some client node existing on he TSM server. To find these, try following commands : "q sched * * f=d" and "q assoc * *").
Thus, if you did not make use of a schedule to initiate your backup "rerun", the command will not provide any information.
Note as well, that you might use "q event * * f=d" to get details on the start and end time for a given backup schedule.

For your information, there's a table in TSM database, named "summary", which, you guessed it, is summarizing most of the operations executed on the TSM server. This includes of course backup as well as archive operations.
It is possible to execute SQL queries against this table, to extract the information you're needing.
Following example would provide you with backup/archive activity for each node during the last 24 hours :

SELECT entity as "NODE", number as "SESSION", activity, -
TO_CHAR(CHAR(start_time),'YYYY-MM-DD HH24:MI:SS') as START_TIME, -
TRANSLATE('a bc:de:fg', DIGITS(end_time-start_time), '_______abcdefgh_____',' ') as "ELAPTIME (D HHMMSS)", -
CAST(bytes/1024/1024 AS DECIMAL(8,2)) as "MB", -
CAST(bytes/TIMESTAMPDIFF(2,CHAR(end_time-start_time))/1024/1024 AS DECIMAL(8,2)) AS "MB/s" -
FROM summary WHERE ( activity='ARCHIVE' OR activity='BACKUP' ) AND -
start_time>=current_timestamp - 24 hours

You just have to copy-paste the whole text (exactly as is) into TSM server command line interface to get the data !

Cheers.

Arnaud
After running the above said select command i got the error:
tsm: PORUA019S1>SELECT entity as "NODE", number as "SESSION", activity, -
cont> TO_CHAR(CHAR(start_time),'YYYY-MM-DD HH24:MI:SS') as START_TIME, -
cont> TRANSLATE('a bc:de:fg', DIGITS(end_time-start_time), '_______abcdefgh_____',' ') as "ELAPTIME (D HHMMSS)", -
cont> CAST(bytes/1024/1024 AS DECIMAL(8,2)) as "MB", -
cont> CAST(bytes/TIMESTAMPDIFF(2,CHAR(end_time-start_time))/1024/1024 AS DECIMAL(8,2)) AS "MB/s" -
cont> FROM summary WHERE ( activity='ARCHIVE' OR activity='BACKUP' ) AND -
cont> start_time>=current_timestamp - 24 hours
ANR2944E The reference 'TO_CHAR' is an unknown SQL scalar function name.

|
............................V..................................
er as "SESSION" , activity, TO_CHAR(CHAR(start_time), 'YYYY-MM-

ANS8001I Return code 3.