TSM Client Encryption functionality question

Nicke

ADSM.ORG Senior Member
Reaction score
Hi there!

Currently working with a new S.P/TSM 8.1.x PoC Cloud project with Linux servers and have a question:

The customer don't accept having the Encryption Certificates managed by the TSM Server (in the cloud side) and only by the client. (From doc's how it works now: .. one random encryption key is generated per session and it is stored on the Tivoli Storage Manager server)

And /etc/adsm/TSM.PWD file on the client server only seem to contain the encryption passwords and not the whole encryption certificate.

This is my current TSM client node stanza:
Servername TEST44
NODENAME TEST03
Resourceutilization 30
Passwordaccess Generate
TCPSERVERADDRESS *******
ENCRYPTKEY SAVE
ENABLECLIENTENCRYPTKEY YES
ENCRYPTIONTYPE AES256
INCLUDE.ENCRYPT /.../*

For the API there's this option: "DSM_ENCRYPT_CLIENTENCRKEY" but I can't see any other client B/A option like it than what I already have in the dsm.sys stanza.

Thanks for some insight how client encryption should be,
Kind Regards,
Nicke

So now I've started trying to use these GSKit commands instead to see how it will work:

gsk8capicmd_64 -keydb -create -populate -db <filename>.kdb -pw <password> -stash
gsk8capicmd_64 -cert -create -db server.kdb -stashed -dn"CN=myserver,OU=mynetwork,O=mycompany,C=mycountry" -expire 7300 -label "My self-signedcertificate" -default_cert yes
gsk8capicmd_64 -cert -extract -db server.kdb -stashed -label "My self-signedcertificate" -format ascii -target mycert.arm

//nicke

Back