TSM Client 5.5.1.11 only 32bit on 64Bit AIX ?!?

roedi007

Newcomer
Reaction score
Hi, I may have a problem after upgrading a TSM Client from 5.2.3.4 to 5.5.1.11 on AIX 64Bit.

The basic client is working but the version is a little bit confusing (32bit instead of 64bit - look at the output below). Maybe this is normal.
The only issue is that TDP for Oracle isn't working anymore after that upgrade - maybe because of that. I'm searching for every possible cause.

the old client installation looks like this:
Fileset Level State Description
----------------------------------------------------------------------------
tivoli.tsm.client.api.64bit 5.2.3.4 COMMITTED TSM Client - 64bit Application Programming Interface
tivoli.tsm.client.ba.64bit.base 5.2.3.4 COMMITTED TSM Client - Backup/Archive Base Files
tivoli.tsm.client.ba.64bit.common 5.2.3.4 COMMITTED TSM Client - Backup/Archive Common Files
tivoli.tsm.client.ba.64bit.image 5.2.3.4 COMMITTED TSM Client - IMAGE Backup Client
tivoli.tsm.client.ba.64bit.nas 5.2.3.4 COMMITTED TSM Client - NAS Backup Client
tivoli.tsm.client.ba.64bit.web 5.2.3.4 COMMITTED TSM Client - Backup/Archive WEB Client
... everything is named with 64 Bit

First I tried upgrading and after seeing the 32bit label i tried reinstalling with the following result:
Fileset Level State Description
----------------------------------------------------------------------------
tivoli.tsm.client.api.32bit 5.5.1.11 COMMITTED TSM Client - Application Programming Interface
tivoli.tsm.client.api.64bit 5.5.1.11 COMMITTED TSM Client - 64bit Application Programming Interface
tivoli.tsm.client.ba.32bit.base 5.5.1.11 COMMITTED TSM Client - Backup/Archive Base Files
tivoli.tsm.client.ba.32bit.common 5.5.1.11 COMMITTED TSM Client - Backup/Archive Common Files
tivoli.tsm.client.ba.32bit.image 5.5.1.11 COMMITTED TSM Client - IMAGE Backup Client
tivoli.tsm.client.ba.32bit.nas 5.5.1.11 COMMITTED TSM Client - NAS Backup Client
tivoli.tsm.client.ba.32bit.web 5.5.1.11 COMMITTED TSM Client - Backup/Archive WEB Client

here is the output of bootinfo -K:
# bootinfo -K
# oslevel -s
5300-08-02-0822

The platform ist really 64bit - so what is the problem. Is there a corrupt pre_script in the lpp image for AIX or has just the naming changed?
Can this be the cause of my problem with TDP for Oracle (5.5.1.0).

If anyone can give me a hint :)) :confused:

Thanks

TDP for Oracle needs the 64bit API. 32bit filesets will install just fine on 64bit AIX. I would uninstall the 32bit API fileset and install the 64bit API fileset. It should be in with the other filesets. When you do the install through smitty, just select the 64bit filesets with F7.

-Aaron

Back