TSM Best Practices (v3) -- SOX ideas

dash

ADSM.ORG Member
Reaction score
Website
http
New Best Practices TFG ... Concerning TSM/v5.4 features specifically, I noted these section details that would be of siginicant benefit to any administrator using GENERATE BCKUPSET for SOX-compliant, critical data clients: pg#17 pg#23

Tivoli Field Guide - A Brief Introduction to TSM Architecture: TSM Design and Planning Best Practices (version 3)
http://www-1.ibm.com/support/docview.wss?uid=swg27009133

(pg:17)...In version 5.4 of TSM, the Active Data Storage Pools feature was introduced. Using Active Data Pools, a copy of the latest backup version of an object can be separated into a special storage pool which can be on disk or tape. The TSM server will automatically use this active data pool to restore the latest version if it exists. ...
(pg:23)...Beginning at TSM version 5.4, TSM also supports Active Data Pools. These pools allow an administrator to keep the latest version of data together in a separate storage pool that is kept on disk or tape. If a restore is needed of the most recent data, the data can be pulled from this storage pool instead of the normal primary pool. This can lead to a significant improvement in restore time since the files can be pulled from disk if the Active Data pool is there. Or even if the active data pool is on tape, restore time can be significantly improved since the tape drive does not need to skip any inactive data. ...

Works for me ... maybe you set it up wrong.

Why don't you post why it doesn't work for you if you want help.

well i meant the site dosent work for me ... iamnot able to view the site

The link works fine even though its a couple of years old.

Make sure you click on it rather than type it in - the displayed URL is truncated on the screen where you see the ... bit in the middle - the real URL is longer.

:eek: ITs working now .. dono y it dint work on tat day .....:rolleyes: something rong with ma connectivity i guess.................... Thanks buddy ...;)

Back