TSM Backup status monitoring

Asha

ADSM.ORG Member
Reaction score
Hello...

We are planning to setup a TSM backups monitoring task for our L1 team with the help of scripts running thro' crontab which can run every 15 mins once on a daily basis...This will be displayed and monitored continuously.. Incase of any backup missed or failed they will be escalating to the next level.. This is the overall idea...

I could only think of this comman but not sure of how to write a script to enable it to run in the foreground:

dsmadmc -id=admin -pass=TSMadm1n -dataonly=yes "q ev * * begind=-1 endd=today" | egrep -i "completed|failed|missed|severed|Started|In Progress|future"

Can anybody suggest some other scripts that can help for my requirement...??
Awaiting your earliest reply in this regard..

Thanks in advance,
Asha

TSM operational reporting- Is that feasible to implement at your end?. I feel its a flexible tool for monitoring & reporting.

Hi Guys..

Anybody with any suggestions or scripts being used in their infra...??

Thanks,
Asha

Hi Chad..

Actually my requirement is for monitoring the backup continously and not just to check the status.. Something like a script running in a loop with while-do is what I am looking for so that the operators can monitor the q eve * * running continously on their monitors..

Any help on this??

Thanks,
Asha

Asha,

Were you able to find a solution for this? I am trying to do the same thing.

Thanks,
Shawn

Asha,

Were you able to find a solution for this? I am trying to do the same thing.

Thanks,
Shawn
Post is 6 years old. I recommend you start a new post. A lot of things have changed in 6 years.

Back