TSM B/A on Oracle Enterprise Linux (Unbreakable)

Rigido

ADSM.ORG Senior Member
Reaction score
Hi,
I know right now it is not listed on "Best Effort" distribution either but as I think it is RHEL based I'm trying to install it.
It looks like the problem is the "well known" missing libc-32bit on a 64bit system (glibc-2.12-1.80.el6_3.5.i686 is installed) but "yum provides libc.so.6" doesn't list any i386 package. Should I try to go on (maybe someone can tell me how to make yum list/install even 32bit packages) or should I give up?

Thanks.

Last edited:
Try the command

yum whatprovides "*/libc.so.6"

to see if it finds anything.

Joe

I'm sorry, but I always had problems with linux distributions, now I know that a i686 system (uname -a) is a 32-bit system and that X86_64 is a 64-bit system.
So, customer system was running at 32-bit (i686) and I was trying to install a 64-bit version of the client (the messages from rpm were about a missing 64bit version of the librery....)
It looks like the latest 32bit client is 6.2 (6.2.4.4) and that's the one I finally installed and it is working (B/A functions), the only issue is that dsmcad doesn't wake up dsmagent when someone tries to connect to httpport (1581).

Thank you for your support.

Domino, it's a long way to the top... ;)

Back