TSM and NAS4Free

Snakes

Active Newcomer
Reaction score
Hello guys, this is my first post, but I have been using this forum since the moment I'm in charge of TSM backup in my company. It's very useful indeed! I need to know if it is possible to install a TSM Linux Client on a NAS4Free.Thanks for the help! Great community!

Hello guys, this is my first post, but I have been using this forum since the moment I'm in charge of TSM backup in my company. It's very useful indeed! I need to know if it is possible to install a TSM Linux Client on a NAS4Free.Thanks for the help! Great community!

NAS4Free is based on FreeBSD and, as far as I know, there isn't a client for BSD.

Maybe others in this forum has a hack for FreeBSD.

Thanks so much for the quick answer! That's what I thought... I read something about jails and mixing it up with zfs, but I don't really know if it's gonna work. As you said, I need to know if somebody was able to make it to work...

Hi,

as far as I know it is possible to install the TSM Linux client in FreeBSD in Linux compatibility mode - but it is bit of tricky and the problem is for the client to "see" the FreeBSD filesystem root (as - my memory is .. fading - the Linux compatibility mode has its "own" root - right?)
Another question is - do you really need to back it up from within the NAS4Free? You can back it from any supported client using NFS/CIFS mounts ....

Harry

Back