TSM and environment variables

syntax44

ADSM.ORG Member
Reaction score
Website
www.tsmblog.org
PREDATAR Control23

Hi all,

On a few TSM servers on AIX, I've just set accounting to 'on', because Servergraph requires this. In the help I read about the default location of dsmaccnt.log is the TSM server working directory, unless I've set the DSMSERV_ACCOUNTING_DIR.
Now I did, and the location is changed to my wishes.
In addition to this, when working with DRM you can change some file locations via the environment variable DSMSERV_DIR.

Bottom line, my question is how you can see from WITHIN the TSM server the variables it detected?
I search for a show command, but did not find one. Most likely this is just not possible?

Please share your knowledge with us :)

PREDATAR Control23

Unless they are set in the startup script then the variables will use those for the user id it ran under. Since the TSM server runs under root its settings would be the default. You cannot see within TSM the variables for config and accounting, so in most cases it is best to put the variables in the startup script for the specific TSM server instance and then match the PID with the specific startup scripts variable settings. I'm sure someone could script a quick and dirty report that shows the instance with its variables but I don't have one.

PREDATAR Control23

Thanks Chad for your response. You're right, in this scenario a startup script is used to define and export the environment variables and then start dsmserv. After that, the variables can't be found anywhere in the TSM server.