TSM 8.1.xx supports windows’ ability to mount ISCSI disk inside a NTFS folder?

pfviv

ADSM.ORG Member
Reaction score
Hi.

I am curious if TSM 8.1.xx supports windows’ ability to mount ISCSI disk inside a NTFS folder, not to a letter in the alphabet. I am out of free letters, and need to add more diskspace. Is it possible to do this with database drives and log drives in TSM 8.1.xx?
Is it also possible to use drive letter A: and B: ?

Ivan

I am out of free letters, and need to add more diskspace. Is it possible to do this with database drives and log drives in TSM 8.1.xx?
Yes it's supported as the average server needs more filesystems than alphabet letters like you are noticing.

Since you are adding disks, if it's for the database, make sure that all your filesystems are the same size.

Is it also possible to use drive letter A: and B: ?
Spectrum Protect won't complain, but from a Windows perspective, it's bad practice.

Best to create 12 database directories and mount 1 filesystem on each that corresponds to 1 LUN each on your storage.

In the future, if you are running out of DB space, then you use extend the capacity of the 12 LUNs, that way you don't have to wait for the server to rebalance the DB.

Same for disk/file/container pools, create more directories than you think you will need with the space you have. Extend them later if you need more space.

A common layout is:
1617796142142.png
source: https://www.ibm.com/support/pages/ibm-spectrum-protect-blueprints

Hi. Tanks for the answers :) Solved my problem :cool:

Ivan

Back