TSM 7.1.3 with OLD BA & TDP V5

Alnemer

ADSM.ORG Member
Reaction score
dears ,
hope u are all doing well ....
I would like to ask u , if I wanna to upgrade to TSM 7.1.x.x to use backup to cloud feature , but our AIX machines are old V5 & the BA , also V5.5 , in the same time the AIX are hosting a critical applications that MUST works on V5 and no way to upgrade it ....

so is there is any way , to make the BA V5 to work with TSM V7.1.3 to get the advantage of Cloud storegaePool .

Thnx in Advance

so is there is any way , to make the BA V5 to work with TSM V7.1.3
No.

The older TSM Client (B/A and API) should work with the latest TSM Server but the results are unknown. Any issues encounter don't bother to call support because they will request that the TSM Client be upgraded to supported levels.

A TSM B/A Client 5.X backing up and/or archiving to a TSM Server 7.X is not supported by IBM.

I am sure that you are aware that TSM Server and TSM B/A Client 5.X are no longer supported.

Here is a techdoc that indicate the compatibility between the TSM Server and Client.
TSM Server-Client Compatibility and Upgrade Considerations

TDP does not communicate directly to the TSM Server.
The TDP communicate with the TSM Server via the TSM API.
You can have a TDP v5 with an API v6.
As for what is the highest TSM API that can be use with TDP v5, I have not been able to find any such document. With that said, in theory can use a TSM API v7.X . If the OS is not supported by both the TDP and the API, your out of luck.

Here is a doc that list supported OS. If the OS is not listed, it is not supported.
Overview - Tivoli Storage Manager Supported Operating Systems

Good Luck,
Sias

Back