TSM 6.3 restore DB on new server ... user account?

wuestenfuchs

ADSM.ORG Member
Reaction score
Hi,

I am testing the restore of our production TSM 6.3 server onto a new machine. We are running the TSM server on Windows. I'm basically trying the procedure outlined in the admin guide for "moving the TSM server to a new machine".

The new machine (of course) has a different computer name. I guess this should not be a problem.

What I have not been able to find any information about yet is if the TSM instance owner account (a local Windows admin account) needs to be named the same (and have the same password) on the old and new machine in order to be able to restore the DB backup. Is that required or not?

A collegue who is a DB2 expert but not a TSM expert (I am the TSM expert but not a DB2 expert ...) told me that in plain DB2 (independent of TSM) when you restore a DB backup, you need to use the account/password from the DB2 instance owner where the backup was created. That's why I am asking if the same is true for the DB2 backup/restore in a TSM server's DB2 ...

Thanks for any insight!

Old name=new name
The instance cannot be restored if the name used (and password) is not the same.

Thanks. Where does this information come from? Is it somewhere in the product documentation? Where?

Old name=new name
The instance cannot be restored if the name used (and password) is not the same.

We tested this yesterday and this requirement does NOT exist. The reason we were unable to restore at our first attempt was a different (not related to user/password). You can restore a TSM database backup to a instance with a different owner account and password than was used on the source system of the backup.

Just for the record.

We tested this yesterday and this requirement does NOT exist. The reason we were unable to restore at our first attempt was a different (not related to user/password). You can restore a TSM database backup to a instance with a different owner account and password than was used on the source system of the backup.

Just for the record.

My oversight - yes you can.

However, I try to use the same even if I am moving to a newer server. This is for continuity reasons.

restore DB tSM 6.3.4 from a standalone server to a cluster server windows 2012

Hello All,

Please I have try to move DB TSM V6.3.4 from a standalone server windows 2008 to a cluster server win2012.

my problem is after the restore is done the server don't start?

the error is as follow:

ANR0298S Authority is insufficient to access the database.

note that I haven't use the same ID user and have change the directory of instance and db and logs.

thanks for your helping.

Back