TSM 6.3.3 cannot find mmc

Fattire

ADSM.ORG Member
Reaction score
just installed TSM 6.3.3 on windows 2008 server. installation when fine. BUT i cannot find the management console? have they moved this to the Admin center? I use the mmc to set up my storage devices and see the path names to the tape drives. There was no mmc icon put on the desk top, i even searched for mmc.exe....IBM docs on installation talk about the management console....thanks for any direction on this.

did I maybe get a bad download from IBM? the install and main configuration wizzard went fine. But there are other wizzards in the MMC to set up storage devices, define storage pools, see the paths to the tape drives so they can be defined.

Hi, are you referring to the config wizard?

"C:\Program Files\Tivoli\TSM\server\dsmicfgx.exe"

These is also the MMC snap-in "C:\Program Files\Tivoli\TSM\console\tsmnet64.msc"

Thank you , thank you , thank you!!! I found it. I was searching for MMC.exe, not tsmnet64.msc....sure wish IBM install docs were more clear on this. again Thanks !!!!!!!

Hi, are you referring to the config wizard?

"C:\Program Files\Tivoli\TSM\server\dsmicfgx.exe"

These is also the MMC snap-in "C:\Program Files\Tivoli\TSM\console\tsmnet64.msc"

Glad I found this thread, I've been trying to figure out where this was as well!!!

Back