1. Forum Rules (PLEASE CLICK HERE TO READ BEFORE POSTING) Click the link to access ADSM.ORG Acceptable Use Policy and forum rules which should be observed when using this website. Violators may be banned from this website. This message will disappear after you have made at least 12 posts. Thank you for your cooperation.

TSM 6.3.3 AIX 7.1 ANR2981E Database backup terminated DB2 sqlcode -2033 sqlerrmc 106

Discussion in 'TSM Server' started by jharris, May 17, 2013.

  1. jharris

    jharris New Member

    Joined:
    May 24, 2004
    Messages:
    167
    Likes Received:
    0
    Location:
    Victoria, Australia
    OK,

    I'm in the process of building a few TSM 6.3.3 servers on AIX 7.1.

    My first instance works perfectly, but the second instance won't backup the database when dsmserv has been automatically started after a system reboot. I get the following error: ANR2981E Database backup terminated due to environment or setup issue related to file access - DB2 sqlcode -2033 sqlerrmc 106

    I'm pretty sure this is just a simple file security/pathing problem, so I've tried everything I can think of regarding environment variable, file/folder ownership, deleting the tsmdbmgr.log file, reseting the dsmapipw password (multiple times) and examining the necesarry option file stanza's for any sneaky typo's...

    But wait, here's the kicker... If I halt the server, login with account 'tsminst1' and make sure I'm in the instance folder /home/tsminst1/tsminst1 , I can run '/opt/tivoli/tsm/server/bin/dsmerv -q' then issue a backup db command via a dsmadmc console and it all works fine. If I then halt the server again, reboot and let the /etc/inittab run the dsmserv process, it fails.

    The /etc/inittab file has the following line in it:
    tsminst1:2:eek:nce:/opt/tivoli/tsm/server/bin/rc.dsmserv -u tsminst1 -i /home/tsminst1/tsminst1 -q >/dev/console 2>&1

    Any help would be much appreciated as I've got another two instances I need to build asap.
     
  2.  
  3. moon-buddy

    moon-buddy Moderator

    Joined:
    Aug 24, 2005
    Messages:
    6,226
    Likes Received:
    279
    Occupation:
    Electronics Engineer, Security Professional
    Location:
    Somewhere in the US
    Try using this:

    Code:
    tsmserv:2:once:su - tsminst1 -c '/opt/tivoli/tsm/server/bin/dsmserv -q &' >/dev/console 2>&1
    
     
  4. jharris

    jharris New Member

    Joined:
    May 24, 2004
    Messages:
    167
    Likes Received:
    0
    Location:
    Victoria, Australia
    No worries, moon-buddy ... I can use su to get around it, that will get me out of trouble for now ... but, I'm still boggled as to why the other build works fine.
     
  5. tsm_dude

    tsm_dude Senior Member

    Joined:
    Dec 12, 2007
    Messages:
    334
    Likes Received:
    21
    Have you set the TSM API variables in the ../sqllib/userprofile
    Did you run the set DBRECOVERY command in TSM ?
    You could try;
    tsminst1:2:eek:nce:/opt/tivoli/tsm/server/bin/rc.dsmserv -U tsminst1 -i /home/tsminst1/tsminst1 -q >/dev/console 2>&1


    Using an upper case U will run dsmserv as root which is better way to handle tape drive reservations​

     
  6. jharris

    jharris New Member

    Joined:
    May 24, 2004
    Messages:
    167
    Likes Received:
    0
    Location:
    Victoria, Australia
    Thanks for the tips ... All appears ok now, using SU ... I might also try the alternate -U option and see how I get on.

    Interestingly, I always have to modify dsmtca so that the the SUID bit is set for user root... ie. chmod u+s dsmtca. Now why can't this just be done during installation as that's caused me grief for the last three AIX builds too with other DB Backup issues ... particularly DB2 sqlerrmc: 138 .
     

Share This Page