TSM 6.2 training

chad_small

ADSM.ORG Moderator
Reaction score
Website
www.tsmadmin.com
I have been considering looking into becoming a TSM instructor again and updating the TSM for UNIX class (I and a fellow M/UX instructor were the original developers of the TSM on UNIX class back in 2000). How many like the class on Windows and how many would prefer it be on AIX (or would Linux be OK since it's at least UNIX)?

Can someone help me setup a poll to ask what OS's are preferred for TSM instruction?

Windows 2008
Linux
AIX
No Preference

UNIX - AIX probably preferable. I run Solaris, but I know that's out :)

(can you turn this thread into a radio button poll?)

Not sure how it's done here. Hopefully someone can help me set that up.

Also how much of the class covered the ISC? I have not had to take a class since they added the ISC and I usually can wing it through the questions for certification concerning the ISC. I personally have used it once and then uninstalled it. Since then it's been me and the command line.

Last edited:
I see under 'Additional Options' when creating a new post the option 'Post a Poll' gives a check box and allows you to select the number of options. I did a 'Preview Post' but I do not see a poll, or any customizing (naming the poll options).

Did you see the 'Post a Poll' option and did it do anything for you?

tsm online training

hi chad_small,

Are you TSM Instructor? are you training any students now if you are training i am very much intrested to join please let me know the way to contact you.

I really like your posts and they are always helpful.

Thank you,

I did the M/UX training in AZ for the 6.1 upgrade with Will Jacobsen.
There were only a few students and I had the AIX material and did both sets of labs. It was a good class all in all.
I do agree there needs to be more available TSM training out there.

I don't know if anyone here remembers a TSM trainer with a prosthetic leg that was totally nuts?
I won't put the name here, but I have heard some great stories. :)

Yes, I wasted a week in one of his classes. So did one of my customers. I assume he is no longer teaching at the M/UX site in Phoenix or anywhere else for that matter.

Joe

Yes, I wasted a week in one of his classes. So did one of my customers. I assume he is no longer teaching at the M/UX site in Phoenix or anywhere else for that matter.

Joe

He told us in class that he wrote most the ADSM code alongside other things like he was a war hero, built custom engines, was a fighter pilot, owned a multi-million dollar car dealership, owned 20% of IBM shares, etc etc etc.
Takes the average student about a half day to figure out he was totally insane.

You know,
I have always thought a class that focused on TDP installation and configuration would be useful.
I see more issues with mail, SQL, DB2 backups on the client side than I have ever seen on the server side.

Back