1. Forum Rules (PLEASE CLICK HERE TO READ BEFORE POSTING) Click the link to access ADSM.ORG Acceptable Use Policy and forum rules which should be observed when using this website. Violators may be banned from this website. This message will disappear after you have made at least 12 posts. Thank you for your cooperation.

TSM 6.2 Initialisation Wizard Fails - TSM Logon Information

Discussion in 'TSM Server' started by shaunpugh1, Nov 5, 2010.

1. shaunpugh1

shaunpugh1 New Member

This might be an 'oldie' but I've not seen it in any of the recent threads so I thought I ask, apologies in advance if this is a 'sticky' or anything.

I've just set up TSM 6.2.1.1 on a Windows 2003 R2 x64 server and the initialisation wizard fails -

ANRU1203E failed to communicate with Server1 using the following parameters

Update the server options file if necessary

I've done some digging around and can't find anything on this ANR number, and it looks like the DB2 and TSM services have failed to start after initialisation - which would explain why the wizard can't log on.

Has anyone seen this before? Is it a case of the wizard just not working and I have to do this manually from the command line, or is there something I need to do before running the wizard?

Thanks

Shaun

3. DanGiles

DanGiles Senior Member

Sr. Storage Admin
    What account are you running things from? TSM/DB2 has to be started using the TSM INSTANCE account, not the root/Administrator account. (Sorry if you already knew this, but that's what it sounds like.)

4. mckechan

mckechan New Member

I'm having the same problem as you (exactly the same as far as I can see). Did you ever find the solution?

Many thanks,

David

5. mckechan

mckechan New Member

@DanGiles I'm logged on as Administrator. I'm not very good with Windows, so I'm not sure about the subtleties of running as a different user. What exactly do you mean?

Thanks!

6. shaunpugh1

shaunpugh1 New Member

Sorry guys, I've not logged on here for ages and only just seen this. The answer was to log on as the service account and ensure that the account had ownership and permissions of the directories used for DB, actlog, actlogmirror, archlog, archlogfailover. The user also needs to be be a member of the DB2 Users and DB2 Admins groups.

Shaun

admin likes this.
: fail, set up, tsm 6.2