TSM 5.5 Training?

GregE

ADSM.ORG Senior Member
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
Anyone know if IBM is going to be making 5.5 implementation and admin training available again?

Since I haven't done anything with 6.x yet maybe you can answer this better than me....

Would you think that 6.x classes will be sufficiently valuable for an admin that will be working in a 5.5 environment, and who as of now has never seen TSM or worked with any backup/restore product?

(the 2nd part was where I was at the time I started with TSM, but my training was in the same version we were actually running.)

Last edited:
Since I haven't done anything with 6.x yet maybe you can answer this better than me....

Would you think that 6.x classes will be sufficiently valuable for an admin that will be working in a 5.5 environment, and who as of now has never seen TSM or worked with any backup/restore product?

May not work as TSM 6.2 is totally different

(the 2nd part was where I was at the time I started with TSM, but my training was in the same version we were actually running.)

What do you mean by this? Are you at 5.5 or not?

Ed what I meant by that was to say that when I started in TSM, I had never seen it nor worked with any backup product (same as this new person will be doing), but in the very least I was taking training for 5.x and had a matching 5.x version in my environment. I come from an application admin background.

For this new person, who comes from an application admin background as well, we are still running a 5.x environment so I was curious if 6.x training for her would be worth doing, since we currently have zero plans for 6.x.

Hello,

it is better to have ANY training than being thrown to lions ...
Although 6.x differs from 5.x in many details, the big picture stays. One must adopt the logic of TSM (which stays) and then he/she just reads up the differences. Daily tasks are backups, restores, stgpool copy, media rotation ... not the DB recovery.

Harry

P.S. it is better NOT to work with any other backup product before working with TSM ...

Back