TSM 5.5 released

nezih

ADSM.ORG Senior Member
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
TSM 5.5.0.0 is available for download on Passport Advantage site.
specially I like the new auditlogging option on client

On PA I only see TDP for SQL and TDP for XCHG 5.5.

on ftp.software.ibm.com the download the BAC 5.5 has been up for a week.

Thought I replied with this once but my post seems to be missing...

I looked on PA and while they have TDP for DB 5.5; TDP for Mail 5.5; TDP for EPR(SAP) 5.5 I didn't see anything above 5.4 for TSM EE.

I wouldn't be surprised if 5.5 becomes available in the next few days.

-Aaron

TDP for Mail 5.5
TDP for ERP 5.5
TDP for DB 5.5

Don't see TSM EE 5.5 yet.

-Aaron

hi,

i have just downloaded it, no problem. However i haven't installed it yet !

cheers
max

Unless I'm losing my mind, that article also says to goto Passport Advantage Online which I did, and I don't see anywhere to download the 5.5 server.

Ok does everyone have access to download 5.5 Server? I went to PA and couldn't find it. I have access to several accounts and it wasn't listed on any of them. I called IBM and the couldn't find the download either and they told me to contact my sales rep, but then I found this article.

http://www-1.ibm.com/support/docvie...98&loc=en_US&cs=UTF-8&lang=en&rss=ct663tivoli

I've already download aix server and clients, windows server and clients...

Hi,

asked PA support team, this is their answer:

Dear Redl,
Thank you for contacting e-Customer Care.
Re site nbr.: xxxxxxxxx
The IBM Tivoli Storage Manager Extended Edition v5.5 will be available via Passport advantage end of next week.

So I am waiting :)

P.S. - TDP for Mail 5.5 and TDP for Databases 5.5 are already there

Harry

It will be released at the end of next week. I think they have found a bug in te last seconds and pospond the release..

\Masonit

It will be released at the end of next week. I think they have found a bug in te last seconds and pospond the release..

\Masonit

And once released, I'll let you guys find all the bugs before I even go near it. :)

Agreed - those fortunate enough to find these and there resolutions please share with us. Perhaps createing a new folder for TSM 5.5 issues - whatcha think?

TSM 5.5 for Windows is up on Passport Advantage.

So far, I have found no way to use other certificates than the auto generated self signed ones between Server and Client.

It is indeed on PA now. Thanks I thought I was losing my mind as well. We will setup in our test environment and let you know how it goes. Keep em crossed.

I would recommend not upgrading clients right aways. I have a handful of clients that were upgraded to 5.5 as well as the TDP and we are experiencing errors I have never seen before. Half of the clients wont connect the TDP at all. Then when trying to downgrade the cleints new errors are being generated. DONT UPGRADE CLIENTS YET.

Requirement

Some one know the requirements?
I know that the .net Framework 2.0.x is required, but I tryed to install it on win2ksp4 and it not working (else with .net 3.0).
Anyone can help?

Saluti
maurizio

P.S.: For the moment for me is working when I can install it and get working... ;)

Back