TSM 5.5 - Find job backup level from TSM database tables

prabhu.mohan

Active Newcomer
Reaction score
Is there any way to find job backup level (ie., full, selective, differential etc.,) from TSM's database tables. I came across Activity_Summary table which has this information. But this table is missing in standard TSM 5.5 installation. This table is documented under Tivoli Monitoring. Does it mean it comes only with "Tivoli Monitoring" component? Is there any other way to find backup level in a standard TSM installation?

On 5.5, you can only query the SUMMARY table for that information. It won't tell you if the type of backup, just that the activity was a backup or restore for clients.

Thanks. So does any of the later versions support querying the type of backup? And any idea about Activity_Summary table? If it is present only with Tivoli Monitoring?

List all the tables available for querying the IBM Tivoli Storage Manager database.

select * from syscat.tables

Good Luck,
Sias

Tivoli Monitoring uses the WAREHOUS database and it queries the TSM Server database to populate the WAREHOUS database. I'm not sure what queries TEMS does to populate WAREHOUS database, but more than likely there are new tables in servers 6.x and 7.x that did not exist in 5.x in order to get that level of granularity. I know at 6.3.3, they added the SUMMARY_EXTENDED table to the TSM Server.

On your 5.5 server, you can see which tables you can query using:
select tabname from tables

And the columns using:
select colname from columns where tabname='TABLE'

Back