Tsm 5.5 certification requirements

tsmuser13

ADSM.ORG Member
Reaction score
Hi Friends

i am planning to appear for TSM 5.5 certification. I have the following documents for preparation:

1. Installation guides(for windows & aix platform)
2. Administration guide(for windows & aix)
3. TSM concepts

do i need any more documents. if so , then, what?

also, i would like to know whether TSM 5.5 certifcations are platform specific i mean for windows and aix platform do we have to appear for 2 tests or they're combined.

finally, if anyone can tell me how many attempts are valid for taking TSM 5.5 certification.

Your answers will be really helpful

The tests are platform generic but will ask one or two AIX specific questions.

Example....

What must you do to install IBM TSM server on AIX production system?
- Answer: Install the license package

How should you verify that the IBM TSM 5.5 server is suppored on AIX 5.2 64 bit mode on a P-series server?
- Answer: check the IBM/TIVOLI support web site

I found that these tests were more a play on words than anything. You have to know the actual commands and sequence of actions. Example question... What is the correct sequence of daily actions for a valid DRM plan. In this case there will be 4 answers and each answer will have a list of 6 items. You need to know when DB backup falls into that list.

You'll need to know what variable to update if you want to increase the number of inactive versions. They will throw stuff in there that is close like Retain version exists or retain inactive versions instead of versions data exists. Tricky!

They ask an easy question like what is the correct procedure to check if a node is running a backup but they add a gotcha on the end to the first few answers. Answer A might have the correct command but the wrong location. Example... QUERY SESSION on the client instead of QUERY SESSION on the server.

HI,
I took the 5.5 test about a month ago and I would advise you to study the features of the clients. There were alot more questions on the client features than I had expected. I thought it would be more server based than it was. features like journaling, online volume backups, etc.

Good luck,
Bob

thanks

many thanks to jeff_jeske & bob.

i really appreciate your help guys.

also, could you tell me how many re-takes or attempts are valid for TSM 5.5 certification.

Regards

Back