TSM 5.4 in Windows 2003 Server

mupenx

ADSM.ORG Member
Reaction score
Hi all,

I'm new for IBM TSM. I've already try to install one at my office consist of 1 TSM Server, 1 Client-Agent, and ISC. All installed at one server.

My tape drive connected to the server using Fibre Channel, the tape drive type is TS3100. First thing to do after installed all TSM component is doing Initial Configuration, is it right? And when came at the device configuration part I think the TSM can't detect the tape drive ?

is there anything should i do ?? :confused:

Thanks

Check the device manager and make sure the OS is actually seeing the hardware. If so right click it and make sure it is using the TSM drivers or IBM tape drivers. If you can get this far you should be able to pull open your management console and under TSM device drivers you should see your devices. Seeing that this is a IBM tape library it should have tis own drivers. here

ftp://ftp.software.ibm.com/storage/TS3100

Then your will define your library, library path, drive and drive path.

This is a high level overview but should get ya started.

Hey, did you stop the removable storage service first? Are you able to see the drive in DM w/drivers? I think the poster below provided the link for the drivers if that issue still exists. Have you gotten to the point of running your tsmdlst yet? That's the ultimate proof that your drive isn't being seen...

Hope this helps...

the library and the tape drive correctly detected by the OS(Windows 2003) and they currently using the IBM drivers.

The removable storage service is already disabled.

i'm already try running the tsmdlst and there some output yesterday, but right now i entered that command it show nothing ??

Back